- We serve to advance public awareness of jazz music, its history, pioneers, styles and techniques, and its influence on modern culture and artistic expression,
- We support a revival of live music, and in particular jazz music, in Fredericksburg and its surrounding areas, for the benefit of our community’s cultural health,
- We serve our membership by providing and promoting a range of resources for networking among jazz musicians, patrons and aficionados, and venues at which jazz may be heard.
- Chairperson : Oversees the Board of Directors and its meetings.
- Vice-Chair : Oversees the General Membership and its meetings, and runs board elections.
- Treasurer : Oversees financial transactions and registrations with governmental bodies.
- Promotions Director : Oversees the Promotions Committee.
- Logistics Director : Oversees the Logistics Committee.
- Productions Director : Oversees the Productions Committee.
- Webmaster/Archivist : Oversees the InfoTech Committee.
- Promotions Committee : Promotes the FJC, increases membership, raises funds, seeks collaborations with other groups.
- Logistics Committee : Develops relationships with local venues, plans & executes FJC events.
- Productions Committee : Develops content for FJC events, rehearses & executes event programs.
- Information Technology : Maintains our website, membership rolls, and communications resources.